Your oral hygiene is an essential part of maintaining excellent oral health. Union Square Dental Group is taking the month of October to highlight the importance of taking care of your teeth and practicing excellent oral hygiene. Brushing and flossing the teeth can help keep your teeth clean and minimize your chance of developing dental issues like tooth decay, gums disease, and cavities. In dentistry, we educate our patients on the proper oral hygiene practices to prevent a more complex dental problem from arising.
At Union Square Dental Group in San Francisco, CA, we aim to provide exceptional, comprehensive dental care to patients of all ages. We work with you to help you achieve a healthier, beautiful smile. Matianting a healthy smile requires a partnership between patient and dentist. We provide a range of restorative, general, and cosmetic dentistry services to address a variety of dental problems. However, it is just as important for patients to do their part at home by practicing excellent oral hygiene. Together we can help you achieve a healthy, functional smile!
Oral Hygiene Routine
Bacteria can breed in the mouth which can lead to cavities and gum disease if not properly removed. Properly cleaning your teeth at least twice a day can minimize your chance of developing oral complications in the future.
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes a day, twice a day.
- Use an ADA approved fluoride mouthwash to keep your enamel healthy and get rid of any extra debris and bacteria that may be hiding in the mouth.
- Avoid sugary drinks and snacks. If sugar is not removed from the teeth, it can mix with the bacteria int he mouth, causing an acid to form that attacks the tooth enamel.
- Stay hydrated. Drink the appropriate amount of water for your body throughout the day. Dry mouth can cause bad breath and may make you more prone to developing cavities and tooth decay due to lack of saliva productivity.
- Floss your teeth to get rid of food particles and bacteria that are located between the teeth. Flossing helps minimize the chance of developing gum disease.
At Union Square Dental, we are home to a number of highly trained dentists who are committed to helping achieve a healthier smile. If you have any questions about your oral hygiene routine, feel free to ask any questions concerning your oral health.
Schedule an Appointment
Scheduling regular visits to Union Square Dental Group can help our team of dentist keeps an eye on your oral health. During your visit, one of our dentists will perform a comprehensive exam to check the mouth, teeth, gums, jaw bone, and muscles to check for any signs of dysfunction. If you need to schedule a visit, contact Union Square Dental Group in San Francisco, CA.